These days I favor the fist bump or the pound over the handshake. Come on who really washes their hands? I’m kidding of course. I’m not against the handshake but the fist bump just makes more sense to me. It’s more exciting than the handshake or the high five. It’s in a class by itself which is I’m glad our friends over at tastybooze.com came up with a list of rules. Here they are:
1. If sports are involved, fist bumping is always acceptable.
2. If you are wearing a suit, you may only fist bump if you are drunk. Or if you have just wrapped part of your suit around your forehead.
3. You may not fist bump under any circumstances, in a hospital. Unless Rule #1 (or Rule #2) applies.
4. Do not fist bump someone else’s misfortune, even if it helps you. Just look down, furrow your brow, and nod sternly.
5. No fist bumping between the hours of 7am and 10am. And if you’re watching sports at this time, it’s probably soccer or NASCAR, and then you should really not be fist bumping. High fives will suffice for both.