I’ve got to admit I haven’t been paying too much attention to all the buzz surrounding this weekends Patriots/Steelers match-up. However, I am sure it in no way compares to the all the hype the Patriots/Colts game received earlier in the season. Many analysts predict this to be the last true test to the Patriots having a perfect 16-0 season. After all, they’ve only got the Dolphins, the Jets, and the Eli Manning-led Giants to play after this game.
I really don’t know what to think about this weekends match-up. The Patriots are 10.5 point favorites at home against the Mike Tomlin led Pittsburgh Steelers. I wish I was leaning towards one team or the other here, but I’m honestly perplexed and for good reasons:
1) The Patriots have ALMOST lost their last two games to two terrible teams (yes I think the Eagles are awful…sorry)
2) The Steelers only losses have come on the road. For some reason they play terrible on the road
3) Mike Tomlin is a rookie head coach (coaching will be key here – the only reason they Patriots escaped last weeks debacle was because Belichick stuck to his gameplan)
4) The Patriots have almost given up on the run. I think losing Sammy Morris was a huge blow to their offense. If you can’t run then you can’t pass and vice versa
5) Troy Polamalu is out again this week
6) The Patriots are a remarkable 9-3 ATS this year
Those are just a couple things I’m keeping in mind this weekend before I lay my money down.
My rough prediction: The Patriots win the game 38-21. I know that’s a high score verses a great defense, but the Pats will be ready for anything Dick Lebeau throws their way. Watch for Kevin Faulk and Laurence Maroney to rack up yards from screens. Go Pats!
I really would like to see them go undefeated this season so Mercury Morris will shut his damn mouth. Please explain what the hell he’s talking about here:
Filed under Football, Sports